Bungie revealed today, via their “This Week At Bungie” blog post, that the next raid to be hitting Destiny 2 would be launching on August 26, three days after the launch of the next season. The game is currently in Season 17, also known as Season of the Haunted, which brought with it the new Duality dungeon, as well as the Solstice event which is currently live (which makes The Tower the prettiest it has ever been). Season 18 will bring in a slew of changes to PVP matchmaking.
What is the most important (clearly) is the fact that the next reprised raid will be launching on August 26, three days after the launch of the new season. While the identity of the raid which is being brought back from the original Destiny has been hidden, there are only three to choose from so pick your poison (a lot of speculation around it being the King’s Fall raid from The Taken King). There will, of course, be a World First race, but the rules will work a little differently:
- The raid will launch with Contest Mode enabled for 24 hours.
- You will need to be at 1560 Power to be at the cap for all of the encounters.
- Clearing the raid with Contest Mode active is the first step to access the new Challenge Mode in the Director and the special Triumph for completing all of the challenge Triumphs for each encounter.
- Completing the secret Triumph, a curated list of challenges in this newly unlocked Challenge Mode, will be how a fireteam crosses the World First finish line and claims their prize.
- To enforce the Triumph requirements in the Challenge Mode, your team will wipe if you fail the success conditions during any encounter.
You can read more about everything on the This Week At Bungie blog post.
Are you excited for Season 18? Will you be joining the World First race? Let us know in the comments or on social media.