Ubisoft has announced that the multiplayer component of Watch Dogs: Legion is now available for download on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X&S, and Xbox One, with a PC launch to follow later.
Multiplayer is a free update for owners of Watch Dogs: Legion on any platform and includes the following content:
- Free-roam open-world co-op where players can team up with their friends for up to four-players and explore London, encounter city events, complete challenges and participate in side activities.
- New co-op missions for two-to-four players using new co-op gameplay mechanics and giving players the opportunity to recruit the perfect team and fight back against London’s threats across the most iconic landmarks of the city.
- The first available Player-vs-Player (PvP) mode, Spiderbot Arena, where four players control armed spiderbots and compete in a high intensity free-for-all deathmatch.
Leader of the Pack, the game’s first four-player tactical co-op mission will launch on March 23.
Furthermore, season pass owners will receive two new single-player missions:
- Guardian Protocol: DedSec will track down an algorithm that shows that AI can sometimes override human decision. If this algorithm was to be used in weaponized drones… they would have power over life and death.
- Not In Our Name: DedSec discovers a secret group using their name in London, working under the orders of a ruthless tabloid owner, who uses information stolen by this group to blackmail his notorious victims and gain power in the city.
In our review of Watch Dogs: Legion, I wrote that “With a surprisingly good narrative that excels thanks to the unique ability to turn anyone into a DedSec hacker, Watch Dogs: Legion is a damn good time.” With that in mind, I am keen to dive back in and check out the game’s multiplayer.
You can check out the multiplayer trailer below:
Watch Dogs: Legion is out now on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X&S, Xbox One and PC.