True to form Nintendo has dropped another surprise trailer, this time for the next major free update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons. This is the October/Halloween update and boy is it good. The update will be available to download on September 30 and all sorts of spooky new furniture will be available.
- October 31 is of course Halloween and during the month of October you can gather candy in preparation for 120 bells each from Nook’s Cranny.
- You can also now grow pumpkins for DIY recipes! This is the first vegetable growable in New Horizons and hopefully will mean more in the future! They appear to regenerate like flowers do. You use the pumpkins to make lots of different spooky/jack-o-lantern furniture.
- There will be a bunch of new costumes including a spooky mage dress, horns and werewolf costume and you can even change your skin colour and eye colour to new spooky colours.
- On Halloween Night (October 31, 5pm – Midnight) the czar of Halloween, Jack, makes an appearance. You can give out candy and see everyone dressed up in spooky costumes.
- In early October there will be an update for the NookLink app, in particular adding a reactions section that you can use to easily perform actions in-game. Two new actions are being added – scare and haunt.
- There will be another free update in late November and will involve Franklin the Turkey (Thanksgiving) and Jingle (Christmas).
- Also as a part of the update players will be able to download a free Ring-con item from RingFit Adventure. Perfect for your indoor or outdoor gym!
Are you excited for this update! I hope we get more vegetables for Thanksgiving, that is my prediction.