Animal Crossing: New Horizons already contains heaps of content, and the team at Nintendo keeps givings us free DLC updates which I am more than happy to keep seeing. This season’s ‘Winter’ update (Summer for us Aussies) is no exception. The update launches in just a couple of days on November 19 and adds:
- Turkey Day – on November 26 Franklin the turkey chef will visit your island and cook a feast. The previously added pumpkins from the Halloween update will be utilised in this event but no additional details in terms of what other ingredients are required are shown off yet.
- Toy Day – on December 24 Jingle the black-nosed reindeer is coming to town for some holiday cheer. Play Santa and deliver presents to all your villagers, with a Santa sack and all.
- Two new items are being added to redeem with Nook Miles. ‘Hip Reaction Collection’ adds a bunch of new reactions so you can mimic what your villagers do like ‘yoga’, ‘work out’ and best of all ‘sitting’ plus some new ones. ‘Top 6 Stylish Hairstyles’ adds six new funky do’s like an afro and more.
- We are getting an expansion to house storage, going from 1600 to 2400 items (thank you Nintendo!). I, for one, needed this badly.
- Save data transfer will be available on November 19. Details are available on the Animal Crossing: New Horizons website but will include ‘Whole Island Transfer’ as well as ‘Island Resident Transfer’.
- The next free update is scheduled for late January and will involve Pavé the peacock and likely the Festivale event.
- Also being added is the ability to visit random islands in dreams, an additional Pocket Camp collaboration item, new seasonal items in Nooks and a New Years Countdown on December 31 (from the offical website).
Check out the trailer for yourself below:
Are you excited for this update and the new additions? I know I am, especially the new reactions and storage. Make sure to update your game later this week on November 19 to get the new free content.