The world’s largest interactive entertainment trade fair is happening again in Cologne, Germany from August 17-21 CEST this year, and Blizzard Entertainment will be there going in full force.. Think of it as a baby Blizzcon.
Mark your calendar for 2:30am AEST on Wednesday, August 17, when Blizzy will be releasing a special preview video of what they will be showcasing, including some new game content. Head to http://gamescom.blizzard.com to watch it. Visitors who can make it to the Blizzard gamescom booth in Hall 7 of the Koelnmesse will have the chance to play Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, Diablo, and StarCraft on more than 500 gaming stations. They’ll also have some epic entertainment on the Blizzard stage, and a few surprises in store. Tasty!
- The world premiere of the new Overwatch animated short, “The Last Bastion,” will be revealed on stage and via live stream on the gamescom site @ 2:00am AEST on Friday, August 19
- The Overwatch Atlantic Showdown tournament will take place from August 20-21 CEST on the ESL Arena stage in Hall 9, pitting the top four teams from both North America and Europe against each other, with a $100,000 USD prize pool on the line
World of Warcraft
- From August 18-21 CEST, the Legion Café will bring a recreation of The Fel Hammer to central Cologne to celebrate the upcoming launch of World of Warcraft’s latest expansion (see this blog post for details)
- Visitors to the Blizzard booth will be able to try out the new Demon Hunter class in advance of the August 30 release of World of Warcraft: Legion
- Two of the top World of Warcraft guilds will race against each other in Challenge Mode dungeons live on the Blizzard stage
Heroes of the Storm
- Brawlmania will deliver an epic Heroes of the Storm showdown on the Blizzard stage throughout gamescom, as six teams of influencers and pro-players face off in themed showmatches (see this blog post for details)
- The Heroes of the Storm Europe Fall Regional tournament will take place from August 17-19 CEST on the ESL Arena stage, with the winning team moving on to compete for a piece of the $1,000,000 USD prize pool at the Fall Championship held at BlizzCon
- Professional card-slingers and community personalities will battle it out in exciting Hearthstone showmatches on the Blizzard stage
- In celebration of Diablo’s 20th anniversary, visitors to the Blizzard booth will be able to play all three Diablo games
- A 3D artist from the Diablo development team will create a piece of artwork live on the Blizzard stage
- Professional StarCraft II players will clash in exciting live showmatches on the Blizzard stage
Daily Live Streams and Recaps
Those who can’t make it to gamescom 2016 in person will still be able to catch all the excitement via daily live streams of the stage activities on http://gamescom.blizzard.com. Well-known streamers will also be bringing you live action from the Blizzard booth, which you’ll be able to check out directly from the website, along with a daily recap video each morning at 5:00am AEST. The Gamescom site will also be your source for a full schedule of stage activities, a social wall, and more.