Fallout 4 or Star Wars: Battlefront?
So both Bethesda’s Fallout 4, and EA and Dice’s Star Wars: Battlefront are released around the same time in November, provided neither of them get delayed (which seems like a distinct possibility these days).
Star Wars will be released November 17th in North America and November 19th rest of the world and will be released on PS4, PC and XBONE.
Fallout 4 will be released November 11th on PS4, PC and XBONE.
So what game will you get? Or are you getting both? If so, you’ve got 8 days to get a start on Fallout 4 before Star Wars comes out, so get to it!
Both of these games look amazing, but personally I think I’m leaning more towards the Star Wars side, simply on the basis of pure fun and how replayable it appears to be. Also it’s a multiplayer-centric shooter and I don’t want to get left behind, whereas Fallout 4 is a single player RPG which means it won’t matter if I play it after the main wave. During the time spent playing Battlefront the price will probably drop a bit too, and my wallet can breathe a small, albeit temporary, sigh of relief.
Here are some interesting/exciting aspects of both games so far:
Star Wars: Battlefront
– You can play in big battlefields online with your friends, offline with AI, and there is a 2 player split screen mode.
– Choose to join the rebels or the empire.
– Play as Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, R2D2, and C3PO (Han solo, Chewbacca, and Leia are unconfirmed but very likely so far). [Insert Chewbacca Rawr here!]
– Operate an AT-AT, X-Wing, Tie Fighter and the Millenium Falcon.
– Play on a vast number of planets.
– The game uses a “Buddy system” where 2 people form a group which can spawn on each other and share unlocks. (I really like this aspect!)
– There are about 8-9 game modes including a hero battle mode where you fight with heroes like Luke Skywalker against Darth Vader (details are a bit scarce on this one so far). There’s also another mode with 40 online players.
-There is no campaign story as such, it’s completely focused on online battles between the rebels and the empire.
– Exploration of a post-apocalyptic open world set in Boston, America which is larger than the world in Skyrim.
– Very detailed customising of your characters and weaponry.
-The story is set before and after the bombs fall, with rich characters and plots in which you also get to carve out your own story.
– Will run at 1080p and 30 fps on PS4/Xbox One (and at whatever settings your dual GTX Titans running in SLI can handle for you Master Race members).
– Hilarious Bethesda glitches.
– The dialogue is skippable and you’re not locked in, meaning you don’t have to watch drawn-out conversations with characters, you can simply walk away. Maybe for dramatic effect, maybe because you’re an arsehole.
– For the first time in a Bethesda RPG, the main character you create (male or female) has a voice of their own.
– You will be able to build structures and settlements and you can use in game items to defend yourself (This sounds really cool!).
I will probably get both, but I doubt that I will go back to Fallout 4 once I’ve finished it. In contrast, Star Wars’ simple jump-in fun and replayability will definitely hold my attention and have me coming back long after its release. I’m not saying Fallout 4 won’t be fun though, and there are certain people who play RPGs from the beginning again to experience branching story points, just not this cat. But that’s just my opinion, what do you think? I’m interested to hear what everyone else thinks, leave a comment!