Last month PlayStation big dog Jim Ryan told the world that while the PS5 wouldn’t support full backwards compatibility, it would be compatible with 99% of PS4 games. What games would make up that 1% was a mystery. However, Sony has today published a full list of the PS4 games that won’t be compatible with the PS5 via a support page post.
PS4 only games:
Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
TT Isle of Man – Ride on the Edge 2
Just Deal With It!
Shadow Complex Remastered
Robinson: The Journey
Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
Furthermore the post goes into more detail regarding PS4 backwards compatibility with the PS5, confirming that digital games and save data will be transferrable to the PS5 via WiFi data transfer or downloaded as normal.
PS4 games playable on PS5 consoles
The overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 games are playable on PS5 consoles.
- Select PS4 games will benefit from the PS5 console’s Game Boost, which may make PS4 games run with a higher or smoother frame rate.
- Although many PS4 games are playable on PS5 consoles, some functionalities that were available on the PS4 console may not be available on PS5 consoles. In addition, some PS4 games may exhibit errors or unexpected behavior when played on PS5 consoles.
- Before purchasing add-ons to play with your PS4 games on PS5 consoles, please try to boot and play your PS4 games on your PS5 console to see if you are happy with the play experience.
- Please note, playing PS VR games on a PS5 console requires a PlayStation VR headset, a PS camera (sold separately from PS5 console) and a PS camera adaptor (no purchase required).
- Always update your PS5 console to the latest version of the system software.
Transfer digital games from a PS4 console to a PS5 console
- You can transfer digital games and saved data from a PS4 console to a PS5 console using WiFi data transfer.
- You can access PS4 games on a PS5 console directly from a PS5 extended storage drive.
Were you planning to play any of the 1% on your PS5? If so let us know in the comments or on social media.