I haven’t seen the debate of game length so prevalent as I have this past year or so, with more and more articles being posted about people simply not finishing titles that drag out past the 50+ hour mark.
- Does this now mean long open world games are bad?
- Is 20 hours the golden number for a perfect play through?
- Are short indie games the future?
- Quality over quantity?
- Do we all just have dumbed-down attention spans?
- Will anybody ever just be happy?
There is no doubt that it is all a bit of a grey area, especially when it comes down to how much we pay for different sized titles (which is a perfectly valid argument).
In this vlog I discuss a few key points that, as a gamer myself I find to be the pros and cons of varying playtimes.
Hate long games? Feel ripped off by shorter titles? Let us know your experiences in the comments below.