Instead of celebrating Monster Hunter over the course of a single day, Capcom is going all out with a whole anniversary week. Starting tonight, we get the first of three events this week – the Monster Hunter Digital Event. We should see more from Monster Hunter Rise and Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin. Here is our recap:
Firstly Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin:
- We get a new trailer that shows off that a bunch of classic monsters including Mizutsune and co-op multiplayer.
- Releasing July 9, 2021.
- There will be a deluxe edition with downloadable bonuses.
- Three amiibo are also being released on July 9: the Razewing Ratha, Tsukino and Ena, they will give you access to layered armour and a special daily bonus.
Also a new Rise trailer:
- Nargacuga, Zinogre, and a mystery monster (which fans are guessing is Amatsu) were shown off for the first time plus most of the known monsters were revisited.
- Switch skills: as you progress you will gain the ability to switch skills including silkbind and base skills at will, allowing you to customise your hunt style.
- Five distinctive locations: Shrine Ruins, Flooded Forest, Frost Islands, Sandy Plains, and Lava Caverns.
- The rampage: a quest type where you protect the village from hordes of monsters. You use hunting installations to defeat the hordes. It appears to be initially a tower defence set up and then it’s horde time. Extra strong Major Threat and Apex monsters lead the hordes.
- Quests are split into single-player village quests and hub quests that can be single or multiplayer. You can use shortcuts to join quests that have already started and four players can be in the same online lobby. The like system allows you to find hunters you like playing with easily and quest difficulty will scale with the number of players.
- The camera feature from Iceborne returns for all the selfies.
- The limited-time demo from January will return from March 11/12 and will include an advanced level quest to defeat Magnamalo.
- Free title update: Chameleos, the invisible Elder Dragon returns in late April! There will be free updates at the end of April including several new monsters + Chameleos, unlocked Hunter Rank cap and related features. There will be more monsters coming at a later date as well.
If you missed it here is the stream:
Everything is looking so good! Plus the Rise demo is coming back baby! Monster Hunter Rise releases exclusively on Nintendo Switch on March 26.