Another month, another title update for Monster Hunter World: Iceborne on PC. Title Update 2 is coming to PC on March 12 at 11 AM AEDT. The title update brings in a slew of new content and features and is the last update before PC is brought in line with consoles in terms of content, an area that the PC version has been lagging behind in.
The major features, additions and changes are as follows:
- Stygian Zingore being added and can only be accessible after completing the main campaign of Iceborne and unlocking the volcanic region in The Guiding Lands. Stygian Zinogre hunter and Palico equipment will also be added as well as a new pendant in the form of Stygian Zingore claws.
- Safi’jiiva with the associated quest being accessible only from the Gathering Hub and can be completed multiple times after its initial completion. The Safi’jiiva Siege itself will not be available until March 20 at 11 AM AEDT. Naturally, Safi’jiiva hunter and Palico gear will also be added and, when unlocked, “Awakened weapons” will be obtainable from the siege.
- Tundra region added to the Guiding Lands
- Improvements to sword & shield and dual blades mechanics.
- Tempered Ruiner Nergigante will be available
- New layered armour
- New items available at the Elder Melder
- New weapon pose added
- New Seliana room decor and background music
- The Steam overlay will no longer automatically appear when receiving a friend request
- VRAM Usage window now warns you when trying to use DX12 when you have less than 4GB of VRAM available
- A new “Swap Keys while Grappling” option added for mouse & keyboard controls allowing you to unify the controls for weapon attacks and flinch shot when grappled to a monster with the Clutch Claw
- New keybind option for quest return selection for melee and ranged weapon controls. New option allows you to bind anything to TAB instead of it being stuck as the quest return selection button
In addition to all this, there are a number of bug fixes:
- Fixes from up to console version 12.11
- Fixed an issue where guild card info would no longer update after failing to retrieve the guild card data of a player on your guild card list who has not updated to 10.12.00 or later
- Fixed several camera-related bugs
- Fixed several key-binding-related bugs
- Other minor bug fixes
For those wanting to take part in the Safi’jiiva Siege, it will be required for you to complete the associated quest in order to participate, in a similar fashion to the Kulve Taroth Siege.