It’s been a while since the last Nintendo Indie World presentation and today’s/this morning’s certainly disappoint! A diverse and interesting range of experiences was shown from studios all around the world, from different backgrounds and with hugely varied projects to showcase. We’d encourage watching the entire presentation when you can, but for a quick rundown here is our recap of the Nintendo Indie World announcements:
- The presentation opens with Road 96, a progressively generated narrative game with that encourages players to follow their own road and experience a unique and emotional journey.
- Aerial_Knights Never Yield isn’t your typical runner as it’s a 3D side scroller with parkour action, set in futuristic Detroit with super funky beats and slick art. Releasing May 19, a demo is available as of today.
- Annapurna Interactive has two new games coming to Switch. Last Stop gives players three entangled stories combined into one adventure and is coming to Switch in July 2021. The other game is Hindsight, a soulful game about memories and experiences in life with a clean and colourful art style. Hindsight is releasing later this year.
- In OlliOlli World you need to tear up the streets of Rad Land and search for the Skate Gods along multiple paths through each level in a skating utopia. Launching in Summer 2021.
- In The Longing you play as a lonely servant waiting 400 days for your king to awaken, but how will you pass the time? The art style in this point and click adventure is eerie and hand drawn and the 400 days passes in real time!! The Longing launches later today.
- There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension is a point and click comedy adventure that may be the ‘something different’ you’ve been looking for. Launching later today.
- TMNT fans rejoice! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge is coming to Switch later this year.
- Cris Tales draws from modern and classic JRPGs and allows you to shift time in combat as you battle your way through a dark fairytale world. Releasing July 20, 2021.
- GetsuFumaDen: Undying Moon is a hack and slash rogue-like with a traditional Japanese aesthetic where you need to delve into the underworld as you master your otherworldly powers. Coming to Nintendo Switch in 2022.
- Unravel the mysteries of the past and fight colossal deities themed around Aztec mythology in Aztech Forgotten Gods. Releasing Spring 2021.
- Skul: The Hero Slayer is an action rogue-like with platforming elements where you need to kill hordes of enemies to save your king while swapping your head to change your skills. Releasing Winter 2021.
- Quick highlights: Art of rally (Funselektor) is coming Winter 2021, KeyWe (Sold Out/Stonewheat & Sons) releases August 2021, Labyrinth City: Pierre the Maze Detective (Pixmain/ Darjeeling) coming Autumn 2021, Weaving Tides (Crytivo) May 2021, THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: Remake (Forever Entertainment/MegaPixel) later this year, ENDER LILIES: Quietus of the Knights (Binary Haze Interactive Inc/Adglobe Inc./Live Wire Inc.) June 22, 2021, Beasts of Maravilla Island (Whitethorn Games/ Banana Bird Studios) June 2021, and finally FEZ (Polytron) arrives on Switch later today.
- SALE ahoy! There is going to be an Indie World Sale on the eShop later today.
- One more thing: Oxenfree II: Lost Signals is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2021. It looks very eerie!
If you missed the stream check it out below!
Something for everyone I think, did anything catch your interest? Here’s hoping it wont be too long ’til the next normal Nintendo Direct.