I love Nintendo Indie World Showcases as they tend to contain a great variety of games from all genres and I invariably want to throw my money at a number of titles afterwards. Here is our recap of the August 2021 Indie World Showcase:
- The first cab off the rank is a hip skating title with some slick beats. Bomb Rush Cyberfunk sees you building a crew in a funky metropolis to make a name for yourself as you graffiti and grind your way around. Releasing in 2022.
- Next is TOEM, a photo adventure with a cute hand-drawn sketch-like art style. Coming out this Spring.
- In Loop Hero, instead of playing the hero, you craft adventures for a hero by playing cards. Releasing in Summer 2021.
- From the creators of FAR comes another game in the same universe, FAR: Changing Tides. A puzzle-solving adventure where you captain your own vessel in a post-apocalyptic world. Releasing early 2022.
- Necobarista: Final Pour has flavoursome storytelling with great characters in an expanded director’s cut of the original Necrobarista. Releasing as a timed console exclusive on Nintendo Switch later today.
- Garden Story, the super cute RPG, is releasing later today as a timed console exclusive.
- In Boyfriend Dungeon, couples that slay together stay together. Dropping later today.
- Axiom Verge 2 is releasing today as well.
- Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon is a puzzle game within the Shovel Knight universe. You can play as ten different heroes and you can even play with a friend. Exclusive to the Nintendo Switch version is a feature that allows you to call in a fairy friend using any of the Shovel Knight amiibos. Releasing summer 2021.
- Islanders: Console Edition is a procedurally generated strategy game where you can create the city of your dreams over and over. Available as a timed console exclusive later today.
- Metal Slug Tactics is a fresh Metal Slug title with the classic explosive action and tactical gameplay. Releasing in 2022.
- Tetris Effect: Connected is coming to Switch! It’ the iconic puzzle game you know, but on another plane of enlightenment. Play on your own, locally or online in cross-platform multiplayer. Releasing October 8, 2021.
- Some quick-fire announcements: Astroneer (Jan 2022), Hundred Days – Winemaking Simulator (Summer 2021), Slime Rancher: Portable Edition (Later today!!!! FINALLY!), LumbearJack (2022), Curious Expeditions 2 (Later today), Gang Beasts (Spring 2021).
- Last but not least, an update on Eastward by ChuckleFish, finally. This beautiful looking pixel art game is releasing on September 16 as a timed console exclusive.
Wowza that was awesome! I don’t know about you guys but there were so many things in this Indie World that I have been wanting for ages. How many of the titles releasing today are you going to pick up? Check out the awesomeness for yourself below: