Starbreeze Studios has finally dropped the long-awaited first patch for its beleaguered co-op shooter Payday 3, with over 100 fixes and improvements deployed to help improve the game in virtually every facet.
You can check out the complete list of updates on the game’s website, but they cover everything from crashes to pre-order redemptions. Some of the fixes that stand out are:
- Added pre-order and edition specific items to PS5 players
- Fixed an issue where a party couldn’t matchmake if the former party leader had left the party
- Added a fix so Overkill weapons don’t fall through vehicles
- Fixed a DLSS related crash
- Added ability for knives to be thrown through broken shield visors.
- Fixed an issue with weapon recoil in lower FPS
- Dozers will now get closer before engaging heisters with their shotgun
- Player can no longer open doors leading to enemy spawn locations
- Fixed an issue causing player names, and infamy levels, to not load correctly and displaying wrong information
- Fixed an issue where AI crew could get stuck in “99 Boxes”
- Fixed an issue where Mason gets poisoned despite not being delivered the poisoned drink on “Touch the sky”
- Fixed an issue where the armored truck would get stuck before the final ramp on “Road Rage”
- Adjusted the ambush setup timer on “Road Rage”
It hasn’t been an ideal start for Payday 3, which was released on September 21, with the game suffering from severe network issues on launch resulting in players unable to play the game, as well as a myriad of other issues. The game has haemorrhaged players since it was released, in some cases losing 90% of players it had during its launch on PC. Even Payday 2 had more players than its successor recently, as fans take to social media and forums to vent their frustrations about the game.
I scored it a 6 in my review, saying that “Payday 3 provides the fun and chaotic heisting experience that the series is renowned for, but a lack of content and gameplay modernisation, and some frustrating design makes for an underwhelming start for the third entry in the series.” Hopefully this patch is the beginning of Payday 3’s resurrection because I like Payday, but shit’s been rough, even for me.
Will you jump back into Payday 3 after all these fixes? Let us know in the comments or on social media.