Following their recent trend, overnight we were treated to Nintendo’s third Direct Mini Partner Showcase, as well as a very welcome Monster Hunter Direct Mini! Here is our recap of everything shown off:
September Direct Mini:
- Monster Hunter Rise – a brand new Monster Hunter game exclusive to Nintendo Switch is releasing on March 26 2021. It has an ancient Japan vibe to it
- Capcom presents Monster Hunter Stories 2 – Wings of Ruin, coming Winter 2021. An additional direct will be after this one on Monster Hunter!
- Fitness Boxing 2: Rhythm and Exercise – with even more variety its time for new work outs. There is a new two player mode, an alarm and you can carry over your save data. Releasing on December 4.
- Disgaea 6 – Defiance of Destiny – The main character and zombie Zed grows in strength the more he dies due to super reincarnation. The game will break the boundaries of common sense with max damage in the quadrillions and the max level is nearly 100 million. For Nintendo Switch Online members Disgaea 5 Complete will be free to play between September 23 and 29.
- Empire of Sin is coming to Switch. No release date yet.
- Super Elite 4 Italia – A new tactical shooter releasing this holiday season.Monst
- The Long Dark – Available later today. Play either permadeath survial or a chilling story mode.
- PGA Tour 2K21 – is releasing on Nintendo Switch on September 25 for all your golfing needs.
- Hades – Announced in the last Indie World its releasing later today!
- Balan Wonderworld – a new title from Square Enix, this quirky colourful adventure is releasing on March 26, 2021.
- Rune Factory 5 – As a young man or woman with no memories you get a fresh start as a ranger in a remote town. The graphics have come a long way from Rune Factory 4. The game has a new battle system. Coming in 2021.
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps is coming to Nintendo Switch later today!!!! There is also a pretty collectors edition coming through Iam8Bit!
Monster Hunter Rise Direct:
- The name came from traversing the game’s terrain. This game will allow you to go to all over the map thanks to the Wirebug; they allow you to climb to places normally out of reach. You can combine wirebugs with attacks, with a lot more variety of movement and attacks.
- Environments – You will be taken to an open map which forms a seamless area whenever you do a quest.
- Palamute – a new Canyne Buddy. You can ride your doggy friend and your stamina doesn’t decrease, you can also do different actions while mounted. They can support you as an attack type in addition to palicoes who are a support type. You can bring two buddies with you in single player, or one in multiplayer.
- New Monsters: Magnamalo – Fanged Wyvern, Aknosom – Bird Wyvern, Great Izuchi – Bird Wyvern and Tetranadon – Amphibian. There are plenty of returning and new monsters we will hear about in the future.
- Standard Edition or a Deluxe Edition with additional amour sets, gestures, poses, face paint and hairstyles. There are also preorder bonuses of a costume for your palamute and palico, plus some talismans.
- Three Amiibos will also release on the same day for Palamute, Magnamalo and Palico.
- Also coming is Monster Hunter Stories 2 – Wings of Ruin. Rathalos are disappearing from around the world and the game will have an in depth story, not too many details given so as not to give to much away.
- Both new games will connect together in some way.
So what did you think? Do you like the look of Monster Hunter Rise? That was quite the Mini Direct!