With the October 29 launch of Watch Dogs: Legion nearing, Ubisoft has released a brand new story trailer that gives players a glimpse into the reasons behind London’s descent into chaos and DedSec’s need for revolution.
Furthermore, Ubisoft has outlined what players can expect during year one of the game, which includes multiplayer, a new game plus mode and an Assassin’s Creed crossover.
The game’s online and multiplayer component will be added in a free update scheduled to arrive on December 3, 2020, and will include the following:
- Free-roam open-world co-op where players can team up with their friends for up to four-player co-op and explore the city of London and participate in side activities
- New co-op missions for two-to-four players using new co-op gameplay mechanics and giving players the opportunity to recruit the perfect team
- Four-player co-op Tactical Ops missions which will require teamwork and efficiency
- The first available Player-vs-Player (PvP) mode, Spiderbot Arena, where four-to-eight players control armed spiderbots and compete in a high-intensity free-for-all deathmatch
New single-player content that will be available in 2021 via a free update includes:
- New characters with new abilities
- New mission content
- A New Game Plus mode
So where is the Assassin’s Creed tie-in? Unfortunately, access to Darcy, a member of the Assassin Order will only be available to those who purchase the game’s season pass, which will also include the following content:
- Bloodline, a new storyline which includes Aiden Pearce from the original Watch Dogs game and Wrench from Watch Dogs 2, fully playable in the single-player campaign and online
- Mina, a subject of transhuman experiments, who possesses the ability to mind control individuals
If you want to know how Watch Dogs: Legion plays, I was able to spend four hours with the game recently, you can read my preview here. Otherwise, feast your eyes on the story trailer below: