Today Ubisoft has revealed details regarding the Assassin’s Creed Origins post-launch content, including more information about the season pass as well as free add-on content that will be available to all players.
Throughout Assassin’s Creed Origins, players can expect to explore the vast and mystical settings of Ancient Egypt, and with the wide variety of post-launch content on offer, these settings will only become more intriguing!
On offer with the post-launch content includes several hours of new storyline expansions and quests, alongside times events, and new customisation options.
Take a look at the trailer below to check out the official Assassin’s Creed Origins: Post-Launch & Season Pass Content trailer:
For those wanting a full breakdown of what is to come in regards to the post-launch content, here’s what you can expect:
For Assassin’s Creed Origins Season Pass holder, you can expect the following DLC releases:
- DLC 1 – The Hidden Ones: A story-driven expansion building upon the growth of the Brotherhood, taking players years after the events of Assassin’s Creed Origins as they clash with an occupying Roman force in a new region. This expansion will include an extension of the level cap, allowing players to further progress their character. This DLC will be available in January of 2018.
- DLC 2 – The Cure of the Pharaohs: Another story-driven expansion, although this time it will be focusing on Egyptian mythology. Players will fight against undead pharaohs and explore a new, mystical realm. During their journey, players will encounter famed Egyptian beasts such as Anubis warriors, scorpions and more, as they investigate the cause of the curse that has brought the dead pharaohs back to life. The Curse of the Pharaohs will once again increase the level cap and will introduce brand new Abilities into the game. This DLC will be available in March of 2018.
- The Roman Centurion Horus Packs: Two exclusive add-on packs including a new outfit, weapons, shield and mount. This DLC will be available in November of 2017.
- A package of 500 Helix Credits that will be available immediately on the game’s launch.
- An exclusive rare weapon, the Calamity Blade that will be available immediately on the game’s launch.
The season pass is included in the Assassin’s Creed Origins Gold Edition and is also available for purchase separately for $39.99.
On top of these massively exciting season pass releases, an extensive lineup of free content will be available for all players at and after the launch of the game. These releases include:
- The Trials of the Gods: Epic boss battles against Egyptian gods that take place during special timed events, victorious players will receive prestigious rewards. This free content will be available 15 days after the game’s launch.
- The Nomad’s Bazaar: A wandering merchant gives players daily quests to complete in order to earn mysterious exotic rewards. This free content will be available immediately on the game’s launch.
- Photo Mode: Players will be able to capture and share the beauty of the Egyptian landscape and indulge their inner wildlife photographer while discovering in-game pictures take by other players. This free content will be available immediately on the game’s launch.
- Horde Mode: Players will fight endless waves of enemies in the Gladiator Arena. They will be able to compare their scores with their friends and challenge them asynchronously. This free content will be available in early 2018.
- Discovery Tour: This new educational mode turns the world of Assassin’s Creed Origins into a combat-free living museum and will give everyone the opportunity to learn more about Ancient Egypt through guided tours curated by historians and Egyptologists. This free content will be available in early 2018.
Assassin’s Creed Origins is set to breathe new life into the Assassin’s Creed franchise and will be embracing Action-RPG elements in which players will level, loot, and choose their abilities in order to customise their very own Assassin.
Players will also experience a completely new combat system allowing them to attack and defend multiple enemies at once and equip ultra-rare weapons against unique and powerful bosses.
A revamped narrative experience allows for players to choose and complete quests at their own pace, with each quest telling an intense and emotional story full of colourful characters and meaningful objectives.
With an entire country to explore, from deserts to lush oases, from the Mediterranean Sea to the tombs of Giza, players will fight against dangerous factions and wild beasts as they venture into this gigantic, unpredictable land.
Assassin’s Creed Origins will be available on October 27, 2017, for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 Pro, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC, and will become available on the Xbox One X at its launch on November 7, 2017.
So, what do you think about this massive announcement? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.