Since 1996, the Diablo games have helped sculpt what can make an RPG a truly addictive experience. And now 20 years later (it has really been that long) Blizzard are celebrating the milestone by bringing a little Lord of Terror love into the other titles from the catalogue as you can read below.
As we approach the original game’s release anniversary on December 31, Blizzard Entertainment is thrilled to commemorate twenty years of Diablo. We’re ready to celebrate our passion for the world of Sanctuary and the brave heroes who inhabit it!
Starting soon, you can experience special in-game events and goodies in Diablo III, Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, Overwatch, StarCraft II, and World of Warcraft to celebrate a few of the things we love about Diablo. These events and items will only be available for a limited time, so be sure to check them all out before they’re gone.
Below is a full rundown of each of the game events as listed on Battle.net. No official ETA of the items, but we can only assume it will be sometime on Tuesday when Blizz do the weekly updates.
- Recapture the feeling of your first play through of the original Diablo with The Darkening of Tristram tribute event. Venture through a reimagined version of the original cathedral in Diablo III and keep an eye out for some familiar items.
Heroes of the Storm:
- The battle for the High Heavens continues, and a new Diablo-themed portrait is up for grabs! Can you emerge victorious on this hectic new brawl map?
- In this Tavern Brawl, a hooded stranger awaits, holding a grim deck in his hands. Will you unravel the secrets surrounding this dark wanderer?
- Bring the battle for Sanctuary into the fight for the future with in-game sprays representing your favorite Diablo III classes—along with a new player icon modeled after the Lord of Terror!
- Put the Lord of Terror to work for you with a Diablo-themed worker portrait.
World of Warcraft:
- Strange things are afoot in the world of Azeroth as denizens of Sanctuary cross over into an unfamiliar world.