Many people who played (and enjoyed) Dishonored 2 this year were disappointed to find that the game didn’t boast a NewGame+ upon completion – Particularly when that feature seems to have become a staple nowadays.
Released today on PC as a beta for the game, The mode doesn’t just let you play a new game with your existing unlocked powers, It actually makes available every power in the game – Combining both Corvo AND Emily Kaldwins’ power sets into a plethora of spooky supernatural toys and tricks.
From the Bethesda.net blog post, Creative Director Harvey Smith commented with “Dishonored players have asked for it, so now New Game Plus is here for Dishonored 2, If you’ve ever wanted to make higher-powered characters, now’s your chance. If you’ve wanted to play Emily Kaldwin with Possession or Devouring Swarm, or Corvo Attano with Domino, now you can. We’ve been having fun with it here at Arkane Studios, and we hope you will too.”
The update also comes with a generous selection of mechanical improvements and tweaks – Including changes to mana consumption and regeneration which was a particular irk of mine.
GAME UPDATE 1 RELEASE NOTES
- New Game Plus mode!
- New Quick-Access Wheel option for hiding/unhiding items
- Fixed Oraculum false-kill count in Royal Conservatory
- AI detection tweaks to clarify when players are detected or not
- AI locomotion improvement for running
- Fixed various Bonecharm effects (Strong Arm, Spiritual Pool, etc)
- Fixed a problem in slow-motion where some inputs were ignored
- Blood Thirst: various enhancement and fixes
- Killing an NPC with their own bullet is now more reliable
- Tweak for mana potion refill speed, depending on difficulty
- General performance and optimization improvements
- Fixed various game logic issues
- Fixed various User Interface issues
‘Game Update 1’ will be officially releasing on December 19th across all platforms.