Pre-loads for the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint closed beta are now live. Rounding out to around a 31.86GB download, players will have access to several of the game’s areas and missions that can be tackled or played co-operatively with up to three other people. The beta offers two Operation Greenstone missions, some main storyline missions as well as some side missions and Faction Missions – which includes eight new missions per day. Players will also have the opportunity to participate in Man Down, an in-game charity event which is in support of the Child’s Play charity; a charity whose goal is to improve the lives of children with toys and games. The Child’s Play network currenty spans across over 100 hospitals worldwide. Players participate by reviving teammates when they are down. Be sure to play co-operatively!
For access to the closed beta you will either have to be a Uplay+ subscriber, preorder any version of the game or sign-up for closed beta access and hope you get selected.
Access to the beta itself will span from September 5th at 8pm AEST (6pm AWST/7:30pm ACST/10pm NZST) to September 9th at 8pm AEST
Watch the new trailer below
or click here
Ubisoft has also unveiled their plan for post-launch content support in Year 1. Year 1 will start at launch with Operation Greenstone which will be followed by Episode 2 and 3 in 4 month intervals. Every episode is slated to bring with it a slew of content including:
- New Adventures – New story-driven content that expands the main story of the game.
- New End-Game Content – Every Episode will bring with it new End-Game content. Starting with the Project Titan Raid, included in Episode 1. The raid takes place in a new island in thew Auroa archipelago. Players will explore an active volcano which is housed in this island and will need to use all the skills they’ve learned in four plauer co-op challenges.
- New Faction Missions – Factions will evolve over time and every month there will be new narrative Story Faction Missions. New Factin Missions will be available daily and act as support for the main faction narrative arcs.
- New classes – Starting with the Engineer, which specialising in hacking, there will be 3 new classes in Year 1.
- Live events – Events featuring VIPs which will help Nomad tackle new threats. Each event last one month and will come with every episode.
- PVP updates – The three coming classes will be playable in PVP as well as new maps and updates to keep Ghost War players on their toes.
- Regauler new content – New missions, activities and unlockables to be added with each new episode.