As 2019 starts to wind down, it’s the time of year when awards are giving out like candy, none more prestigious than Game of the Year awards.
The Game Awards, hosted by industry icon and Hideo Kojima’s bff Geoff Keighley, have become the pinnacle game awards event. Packing awards, game premieres and live DOOM soundtrack performances into the night of nights for the gaming industry.
With The Game Awards 2019 happening on December 12, old mate Geoff Keighley revealed the nominees for the coveted Game of the Year award.
- Control (Remedy/Private Division)
- Death Stranding (Kojima Productions/Sony Interactive Entertainment)
- The Outer Worlds (Obsidian/Private Division
- Resident Evil 2 (Capcom)
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (FromSoftware/Activision
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Bandai Namco/Sora/Nintendo)
Being named GOTY is a huge achievement, hell even being nominated is something to be proud of. But there can only be one winner. Who gets your vote?