Let me preface this, there are still no folders! However, Nintendo has put together a sizeable firmware update for version 11.0.0, it has been a while after all. Firstly, the biggest addition is a Nintendo Switch Online hub icon on the HOME menu. This hub has a number of features such as getting all the latest information on your subscription but there are also a bunch of new and handy features such as:
- Automatic download option of your cloud saves to systems with the same account.
- There is a new trending section so you can see what games are popular with your friends
Also as a part of this update:
- One of the best updates is the ability to connect your phone to your Switch to download screenshots and videos directly! A QR code is used as a part of this process.
- You can also connect your Switch via USB directly to your computer to download your screenshots and videos instead of having to remove your SD card. So much easier!
- You can also prioritise different downloads.
- And finally, 12 new icons were added to commemorate the Super Mario Bros. 35th anniversary
What do you think? I’m pretty happy with this update, will certainly make getting my screenshots easier! Here’s hoping we may get themes and folders one day.