It’s time for the Tokyo Game Show and, during Capcom’s Online Program, they dedicated a segment to Monster Hunter new. I believe we should get to see more of the upcoming Monster Hunter Rise expansion Sunbreak. Here is a recap of what was covered during the livestream.
- The 5th Capcom Collab is…Ghost and Goblins Resurrection?!? An Arthur skin is being added to the game, big googly eyes and all! The Palico is receiving a hairpiece to match the blue-haired princess in the game. This Capcom Collab is releasing on October 29.
- More paid DLC, including a Bombadgy hat and event quests are coming after the October update.
- A Sonic the Hedgehog collaboration is also coming. It will be a bit longer before we get more details about this collab.
- We then got a behind-the-scenes segment about the development of Rise. We even got to see some footage of how the Felynes were animated using motion capture.
- Two new player voices performed by Debra Wilson and SungWon Cho aka ProZD will be available for purchase after the October update.
- A live version of the opening theme song was next and it was lovely! We got to see some of the Japanese opening haiku sequences performed live, such as the Shrine Ruins and Magnamalo. The Magnamalo theme music was next and it sounded so good live! Mitsuzune is also getting the live music treatment. We then got a rock remix of the Ibushi theme for a change of pace, it is a new track and will be added to the game as DLC in December.
- Now for Sunbreak news! Firstly though, Ichinose thanks the fan for all their support. We got to see the Sunbreak trailer again from the Nintendo Direct and this time the new monster has a name; Malzeno! The story in this massive expansion takes place after we set off on a journey from Kamura Village to a completely new base. There will also be new locales, monsters and gameplay. A new quest rank, Master Rank, will also be added. The castle ruins we see in the trailer is a completely new area. Malzeno is confirmed as an elder dragon. Shogun Ceanataur from Monster Hunter 2 is returning in Sunbreak. Several other monsters will be returning from past games and they will be announced at a later date.
- Monster Hunter Rise is coming to Steam on January 12, 2022. 4K compatibility, high-resolution textures and increased frame rates will be available. Voice chat and ultra-wide display compatibility are also being added, with a demo of the PC version becoming available on October 13.
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin update information is up next. In a number of free updates, we are getting Molten Tigrex and Deadking Rathalos as Monsties and Kulve Taroth as a co-op quest. Gold Rathian and Silver Rathalos Monsties are also being added. A high difficulty, co-op exclusive quest of Fatalis is coming in the last update announced today.
If you want to go through and watch the full livestream you can do so HERE.
And that’s that! Lots of little titbits and info that will make PC players happy! Are you going to be double-dipping with the PC version or have you been waiting patiently? Let us know in the comments or on our social media.