Exciting news comes from the Xbox team today as they announce the release of the latest console update.
We first had a look at this update back in August when we were shown the new Home, Guide, and Community tabs. Since that sneak peek, the team at Xbox have been working with Xbox Insiders to gather feedback, test and refine new features that all Xbox users will be able to download today!
With this new update, we will be seeing new personalisation options, with more of the control being put in the player’s hand. So, without further ado, let’s take a look at all the new features!
You can personalise your “Home” more than ever before:
- Make Home unique to you. Add your favourite games, friends, and more directly to your home screen with a new concept known as ‘blocks’. Once you’ve added block, you can change, remove, and order them as you see fit.
- Have up to a massive amount of 40 pins! What’s better, is that all of these pins will appear in the Pin block on Home, as well as the Pins flyout in the new Guide.
- Easily discover new things across both your console and Xbox Live at the tap of Home.
- Choose to have a dark, light, or high-contrast theme option in Settings.
You’ll experience a fast, powerful and convenient Guide:
- It’s now faster than ever to move left and right through horizontal tabs with the left thumbstick (or bumpers).
- When you bring up Guide while in an active party, Guide will automatically open the part section by default for faster access to controls.
- New “Friends in Game” fly out to inform you of friends playing the same game!
- Game invites will now show up in the Multiplayer tab of the guide.
- The new Tournaments sections in the Multiplayer tab of the Guide provides a quick portal into the official and community tournaments that you’ve joined.
Don’t worry about missing any actions when you step away from your console:
- With the enhanced notification system, when your Xbox One is idle, time-sensitive activities and status are visible from far away.
- The screen-dimming functionality has also been updated to better prevent screen ghosting, both when the screen is dimmed, and when it’s showing notification snapshots of what’s happening on Xbox Live.
- The newly redesigned Game Hub Welcome tab now features a summary of all the great content around the game on one page!
- Profiles now enable fast access to recent activity. You can easily manage who sees your activity feed content through the “Others can see your activity feed” privacy setting.
- See more content at a glance with new Community feed, and view screenshots and game clips in an immersive, full-screen view.
This is just a fraction of what is available to Xbox users today, to get the full scoop, head over to Xbox Wire to take a look at the rest of amazing changes on offer.
So, what do you think of these new changes? Excited for them, or underwhelmed? Either way, let us know your thoughts in the comments!