Are you ready to make the next Diablo game? Blizzard is looking for someone to do just that, listing a job opening for a ‘Game Director’ to helm an as yet unannounced Diablo project:
Just some of the responsibilities involved with this hefty task include:
- Be the vision holder for the franchise, setting the creative goals for the team.
- Direct game design while successfully partnering with the production director to deliver and maintain an epic gaming experience.
- Discuss games with the player community via press announcements, forum posts, interviews, and public appearances.
- Maintain an awareness of global player behavior and customs to ensure that design decisions are relevant for international regions.
- Coach and guide creative team members toward achieving their career goals.
- Establish and maintain a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate qualified developers, and foster a culture of success.
Many people are declaring this the unofficial announcement of a true Diablo 4 project, however in a world where Blizzard now has products like Overwatch and Hearthstone in its stable, and with those products tearing up new ground the way they are, are we about to see a new entry into the Diablo series that perhaps strays from the formula we have come to know and love? Only time will tell.
Or, if you apply for the job and get it – maybe drop us a line and give us the scoop, Y’know?
Apply at Blizzard website here: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/posting.html?id=16000J8