Barcelona-based development studio Altered Matter has today announced that the FIG crowdfunding campaign for their gravity-shifting puzzle game Etherborn has gone live. The campaign’s aim is to raise $30,000 USD to assist the game’s development, with the campaign currently sitting on just under $12,000 USD. As with crowdfunding campaigns, there are a bunch of cool rewards for different pledge amounts. I haven’t decided which tier I’ll go for yet but I’ll definitely being throwing the game some cash. Etherborn has been announced for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Steam and has already collected a ton of awards at events and conventions.
In Etherborn you play as a voiceless being who must follow a voice that will lead you to the reason for your existence. Players will traverse and explore an array of beautifully vibrant areas that will require you to solve navigation-based puzzles in order to progress.
- Gravity-shifting platforming and exploration
- Navigation based puzzles based on your unique sense of gravity
- Surreal levels in an atmosphere inspired by artists of the XX-XXI centuries
- Poetic story line about the discovery of our true nature
- Dynamic and captivating original soundtrack tailored to each level
I’m lucky enough to be going hands-on with a preview build of the game at the moment. Expect my preview to go live next week sometime. In the meantime you can check out a Let’s Play with the developers below: