After teasing the existence of a new Crysis project back in April, Crytek announced that the game was, in fact, going to be a remaster of the original PC destroyer.
So far Crysis Remastered has had a teaser trailer and that’s about it, but thanks to the Microsoft Store being a little too keen, we now know that the game is releasing on July 23, 2020. It’s likely that this posting was meant to go live on July 2 to coincide with the premiere of the first gameplay trailer, but it’s surfaced slightly early.
Alongside the release date, the listing also included (for a short time) a number of screenshots and a description of the game:
The classic first person shooter from Crytek is back with the action-packed gameplay, sandbox world, and thrilling epic battles you loved the first time around – now with remastered graphics optimized for a new generation of hardware.
- Suit up: Your Nanosuit’s speed, strength, armor, and cloaking allow creative solutions for every kind of fight.
- Adapt: In an ever-changing environment, adapt your tactics to dominate on battlefields ranging from frozen jungle to alien environments.
- Customize: A huge arsenal of modular weaponry provides unprecedented control over play style, with options ranging from the experimental to the alien.
- Conquer: Life-like enemy AI require a strategic and flexible playstyle, as new challenges – including a zero-g battlefield– require players to take the offensive and be proactive.
- Explore: Choose your own path through the open world of Crysis, destroying obstacles, driving vehicles, and using the environment itself against your enemies.
Crysis Remastered is set to release on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC.
Were you a fan of the original Crysis? Will you pick up a copy of the remaster? Let us know.