It’s wild to think that Animal Crossing: New Horizons is almost a year old, having released on March 20, 2020. The game well and truly smashed previous sale records for the franchise and has cemented itself as one of Nintendo’s top three IPs. If there was ever a time for an update it’d be now, and Nintendo has just released the details of the next update which goes live this March 18.
- You can have your celebratory cake in the game as Nook Inc has baked a 1st Anniversary Cake that will arrive by mail after you update your game.
- The Sanrio Amiibo compatibility update will go live from March 26, allowing you to invite the cross-over villagers to your island as well as purchase their themed items. The cards will also be available to purchase again if you missed their initial release many years ago.
- The Custom Design app on the NookPhone is getting a welcome upgrade to Custom Design Pro Editor +. Use your Nook Miles to get the upgrade which will provide more features such as customising umbrellas, small flags, uchiwa (fans), and photo stands. 50 additional slots for both Normal and Pro designs are also being added.
- You can also now add the Custom Design Portal from the Able Sisters directly into your NookPhone app.
- There is also going to be a bunch of new seasonal items. For April Fool’s Day you will be able to purchase whoopee cushions between March 26 and April 1. There will also be themed fashion for prom season from April 1 to 30 at the Able Sisters. There will also be similarly themed furniture items from Nook’s at the same time. There will be an item for Tree Planting Day (April 1-10) and Nature Day (April 15-22).
- For Nintendo Switch Online members you will be able to order a Nintendo Switch Lite item.
- Bunny Day is returning and there will be new exclusive items available at Nook’s.
- NookLink is getting an update allowing you to earn Nook Points which you can earn each day and are redeemable for in-game items. This update will go live in late March.
- There is also a new service launching on March 23 called ‘Island Tour Creator’ which will allow you to use photos and footage of your island captured in-game to make your own poster and video trailer to share online.
- As always that’s probably not all, little unlisted changes seem to crop up in each update so we will just have to wait and see what those could be.
Make sure you update your game on March 18 to access all the celebratory goodies.