2021 marks the four-year anniversary for Nioh, Koei Tecmo’s punishing action RPG whose combat model is based on the popular Soulsborne games and just this year we received Nioh 2, a fantastic sequel to an already great game. The sequel is approaching the release of its third expansion and so the Creative Director of Team Ninja, Tom Lee, announced that a number of Nioh-related titles would be releasing to celebrate the IP’s four-year anniversary.
- Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition (PS4)
- Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition (PS5)
- Nioh Remastered – The Complete Edition (PS5)
- The Nioh Collection – (PS5)
That’s right, both Nioh games are being remastered for the PS5 and they will include all the DLC. The PS5 version of these games will support 4K resolution and run at up to 120 frames per second, however, it has not been clearly defined whether the 120fps is at a lower resolution or not. Additionally, owners of Nioh 2 on PS4 can upgrade to the PS5 version when it releases, however there are some caveats.
- People who own Nioh 2 Remastered on are eligible for a free upgrade to the PS5 version of Nioh 2 Remastered
- Players that already won the base game of Nioh 2 on PS4 can upgrade their game to Nioh 2 Remastered along with any DLC they may own, it will not grant any missing DLC