The Pokemon Company are finally giving us more details on the second part of the Pokemon Sword and Shield Expansion Pass, the Crown Tundra, after few details since the release of the Isle of Armor DLC in June. Here is a recap of all the details in the livestream:
- A new trailer was shown off for the Crown Tundra, including the Galarian legendary birds, Dynamax Adventure and Galarian Star Tournament,
- Peony puts you in charge as Exploration Chief. You explore a snowy wilderness and head into Dens, deeper than you’ve ever raided before.
- All legendaries from past games are back. You can find these in a special layer in Dynamax Adventures with three other players.
- We also got our first glimpse at Galarian Slowking, it is poison psychic type.
- Galarian Star Tournament – pick a partner from trainers you have met in either game or expansion passes and battle along side them!
- The Crown Tundra releases on October 22 (October 23 Europe/Japan/Aus). There will also be new physical versions of Sword and Shield including the respective expansion passes releasing on November 6.
- Eight different Ash Pikachu’s will be available through passwords, the first one is available via this Mystery Gift code: P1KACHUGET
- Pokemon GO will soon be connected to Pokemon Home. Similar to when you send Pokemon from Go to Let’s Go, you will be able to then open the Meltan box in Pokemon GO. Also when you first do a transfer you will get a special Gigantamaxing Melmetal gifted to you if you. This special version hasn’t been available before.
- Finally, to commemorate the announcement of Crown Tundra’s release date in a special partnership between the Pokemon Company and Japanese rock band BUMP OF CHICKEN a special animated music video was shown off for their new song ‘Gotcha’. The animation is really cool!
Check out the stream and music video below:
Are you looking forward to this part of the Expansion Pass? How cool was that music video! I’d definitely love to see more of that style of animation or design.