Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has today released the Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion, all-new DLC for Middle-earth: Shadow of War. This DLC allows fans to play as the elite Elven warrior – Eltariel – for the first time! Known by her enemies as the Blade of Galadriel, Eltariel is a deadly assassin working for the Elven Queen, Galadriel, and has been sent to Mordor for millennia to hunt the Nazgûl.
The Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion features the following content:
- Play as Eltariel for the first time, and go head-to-head with the newest addition to the ranks of the Nazgûl,
- Wield Eltariel’s duel Elven blades and harness the Light of Galadriel with a host of deadly new combat abilities, skills and gear,
- Encounter memorable new Nemesis characters, such as Flint, Tinder and the Slayer of the Dead, while battling Nazgûl and learning more mysteries of their past,
- Gain eight unique Legendary Orcs who can return to join your forces in the main story campaign with new abilities added to the Nemesis System,
- Unlock an Eltariel character skin that can be used in the main story campaign.
If all of that information just isn’t enough for you, take a look at the official Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion Trailer below:
Now, if you’re still craving more, I have some good news for you. In addition to the Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion, several new – and free – content updates have today become available for Middle-earth: Shadow of War owners. The updates include the following:
- Nemesis System enhancement – Orc Captains (whether friends or foes) can exhibit new traits and behaviours, adding further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, such as:
- Tunnel Rat – Orcs can burrow into the ground and summon Ghûls,
- Sniper Shot – Archers can fire from great distances with pinpoint accuracy,
- Tremor – Ologs can pound the earth with tremendous force, staggering nearby threats and heavily damaging structures,
- Gifts of Treasure – Followers can now bring players the gift of a Treasure Orc, providing even more ways to earn Gems and Mirian.
- Photo Mode Upgrades – New filters, frames and styles, along with adjustable expressions and added stickers, giving players more options for customising in-game action shots,
- Player Skins – Choose to appear as Talion or Eltariel in the main story campaign,
- Training Orders Update – Players can now upgrade their Orc Followers with Training Orders while in the Garrison, saving time and offering more flexibility in deployment,
- Player Stats Page – New menu for players to track a variety of in-game statistics, including the number and type of enemy kills, dominations and betrayals; fortresses conquered and defended; gear pieces collected and upgraded; and many more,
- Field of View Options – More ways for players to customise the user interface and scale their field of view.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War is available for the Xbox One family of devices, Windows 10 PC, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 4 Pro.
So Shadow of War fans, what do you think about this massive content drop? Let us know your thoughts, that is if you aren’t too busy venturing into Mordor.