In the lead up to every World of Wacraft expansion, there is the big pre-patch – and right now you can get a taste of that sweet, sweet Shadowlands content.
Shunting the impressive version number of WoW to 9.0.1, the table has been set for whenever the expansion is ready to release – but in the short term, there is plenty to do.
There are a ton of changes are in the Shadowlands pre-expansion patch, here is just a handful:
- Shadowlands Login Screen!
- Update Character Creation Screen!
- Character flying in the old Warlords of Draenor and Legion expansions no longer requires earning achievements to unlock.
- New character customisation options! Tons of new hair, tattoo, jewellery, eye colours – the list is massive!
- Shadowlands Level Squish – All previously level 120 characters are now squished to level 50, in anticipation of the new level 60 player cap.
- Allied Races no longer require Exalted reputation to unlock!
- New and returning spells and abilities for all classes!
For a full list, there is an official set of patch notes available here: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/news/23529209/shadowlands-pre-expansion-patch-notes
For me, I am super excited about the overhaul for character customisation. Tons of added granular details are now present, so you can really nail your own personal look to really make a character feel like your own. Seriously, just LOOK at this gnomes beard:
If you still aren’t convinced, Blizzard has even released a comprehensive video ‘Survival Guide’ to help you get acclimated to the future of WoW:
If you felt the retail WoW experience was a little stale, this might just be the spice you need.
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands is the eighth expansion pack for the massively multiplayer online role-playing game World of Warcraft. It is scheduled for release towards the end of 2020.