Well, it’s here. It finally happened. Are you ready? Because I sure wasn’t.
Let’s break down some pros and cons:
- Jim Carrey’s bringing back his old schtick, which I’m pretty happy to see.
- That Eggman costume at the end looked pretty dope too.
- Uuh, rings?
- That Genesis reference was nice, I suppose.
- The memes are already lit.
- T E E T H
- I don’t think there could be less appropriate choices in music. The leaks seemed too ‘good’ to be true. Now, we pay for our hubris.
- At no point does Robotnik say ‘snooping as usual, I see’.
- I’m still not on board with making Sonic look like a little man in a very elaborate skin-tight fursuit.
- Hey, you know what’ll really have them rolling in the aisles? A joke about child abduction! Woo.
- Sonic’s 90s-cool persona was already pretty dated before, but putting it into film where every character is now a wise-cracking snark-o is a bit…yeah, not digging it.
- I’m too old and jaded for this movie.
The movie is set for release in November.