Capcom has opened up on the creative process of its recent Resident Evil 2 remake in a video series that sees the Capcom development team reflect on how the game came together over dinner.
In the second episode of the video series, the dev team share a few juicy secrets regarding features that almost found their way into the RE2 remake. For those that haven’t played the game yet, there are spoilers beyond this point.
We’ve rounded up a few below, otherwise you can check the video out for yourself (also below):
- A driving sequence was floated, where players drove to an above-ground cable car level.
- The Condemned was a humanoid enemy type found in the Orphanage level that was scrapped. The dev team classified it as a ‘real jump-scare enemy’.
- The alligator fight scene was originally a much longer senquence involving a crane.
- The fight with G2 featured electricution and breaking pillars
- Perhaps most intriguing of all is that the game initially featured a fixed camera mode, but was cut because the team felt the over-the-shoulder cam worked fine.
- A first-person mode was also toyed with.
Spotted on: Destructiod